A solar charger gathers energy from your solar panels, and stores it in your batteries. Using the latest, fastest technology, SmartSolar maximizes this energy-harvest, driving it intelligently to achieve full charge in the shortest possible time. SmartSolar maintains battery health, extending its life.
The SmartSolar charge controller will even recharge a severely depleted battery. It can operate with a battery voltage as low as 0 Volts, provided the cells are not permanently sulphated or otherwise damaged.
MPPT: Ultra Fast Maximum Power Point Tracking
By constantly monitoring the voltage and current output of your solar (PV) panels, MPPT technology ensures that every drop of available power is rinsed out of your panels, and harvested for storage. The advantage of this is most noticeable when the sky is partially clouded, and light intensity is constantly changing.
The intelligent Load output function prevents damage caused by running batteries 'flat'. You can configure the voltage at which SmartSolar disconnects a load - thereby preventing excessive drain on your batteries. And here's the clever bit: SmartSolar will attempt a 100% recharge every day. If it cannot - during periods of poor weather - it raises the disconnect voltage, daily, until it achieves success. We call this feature BatteryLife because it maintains the health and extends the life of your battery.
- Bluetooth Smart Built-In - The wireless solution to set-up, monitor, update and synchronize SmartSolar Charge Controllers.
- VE.Direct - For a wired data connection to a Color Control GX, other GX products, PC or other devices.
- Ultra-fast Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) - Especially in case of a clouded sky, when light intensity is changing continuously, an ultra-fast MPPT controller will improve energy harvest by up to 30% compared to PWM charge controllers and by up to 10% compared to slower MPPT controllers.
- Load Output - Over-discharge of the battery can be prevented by connecting all loads to the load output. The load output will disconnect the load when the battery has been discharged to a pre-set voltage (48V model: interface with a relay).
- Battery Life: Intelligent Battery Management - When a solar charge controller is not able to recharge the battery to its full capacity within one day, the result is often that the battery will continually be cycled between a ‘partially charged’ state and the ‘end of discharge’ state. This mode of operation (no regular full recharge) will destroy a lead-acid battery within weeks or months. The Battery Life algorithm will monitor the state of charge of the battery and, if needed, day by day slightly increase the load disconnect level (i.e. disconnect the load earlier) until the harvested solar energy is sufficient to recharge the battery to nearly the full 100%. From that point onwards, the load disconnect level will be modulated so that a nearly 100% recharge is achieved about once every week.
- Programmable battery charge algorithm
- Day/night timing and light dimming option
- Internal temperature sensor
- Battery Voltage: 12/24V
- Rated Charge Current: 15A
- Nominal PV Power (12V): 220W
- Nominal PV Power (24V): 440W
- Max PV Short Circuit Current: 13A
- Automatic Load Disconnect: Yes
- Max. PV Open Circuit Voltage: 75V
- Peak Efficiency: 98%
Self-Consumption (12V): 25mA
- Self-Consumption (24V): 15mA
- Charge Voltage ‘Absorption’: 14.4V (Adjustable)
- Charge Voltage ‘Float’: 13.8V (Adjustable)
- Charge Algorithm: Multi-Stage Adaptive
- Temperature Compensation: -16 mV / °C resp. -32 mV / °C
- Maximum Continuous Load Current: 15A
- Low Voltage Load Disconnect: 11.1V
- Low Voltage Load Reconnect: 13.1V
- Protection: Output Short Circuit / Over Temperature
- Operating Temperature: -30 to +60°C (full rated output up to 40°C)
- Humidity: 95%, Non-Condensing
- Data Communication Port: VE.Direct
- Power Terminal: 6mm2 / AWG10
- Protection Category: IP43 (Electronic Components) / IP22 (Connection Area)
- Weight: 0.5kg
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 100 x 113 x 40 mm
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.